We advise clients on the benefits of establishing a Cyprus International Trust (CIT) for charitable or wealth preservation purposes. As professional trustees in the administration of trusts we can provide a CIT structure which includes corporate entities as investment vehicles on a bespoke basis, to achieve:
1. Asset protection, against any future claims arising from bankruptcy or liquidation of the Settlor
2. Succession planning, to avoid forced heirship rules- Investment opportunities, given the wide-ranging investment powers of trustees
3. Tax efficiency, as CITs are not subject to any Cyprus tax provided that the beneficiaries are not resident in Cyprus and the CIT does not dispose of any immovable property in Cyprus
4. Exclusive jurisdiction of the Cyprus courts so that any foreign judgment is not enforceable in Cyprus
Our services include:
1. On going administration services to the trusts, including transfer or disposition of movable or immovable property, assistance with the drafting of the letter of wishes, advising on settlors, beneficiaries and protector powers.